The IT Manager will work closely with the COO, Director of IT, and business management to develop and implement an effective global and local IT strategy. The IT Manager will be responsible for executing the company’s global IT strategies with business stakeholders, and will ensure the operation of the IT Department is in alignment with the company’s business objectives.
The IT Manager will also lead, recruit and retain top tier technology professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and staff a Network Operations Center to manage a 24×7 distributed application environment.
- Create and Maintain Policies and Standard Operating Procedures for the Networks Operations Center (NOC).
- Liaison with regulatory bodies to ensure the production infrastructure meets or exceeds security requirements.
- Overall responsibility for system availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response and capacity planning.
- Develop effective feedback loops to ensure communications with global IT peers is able to quickly identify and resolve technology issues.
- Participate globally in continual improvement for overall IT service delivery
- Actively liaise with internal/external business leaders to ensure that service levels are being met and user needs are anticipated and proactively managed
- Identify and propose solutions for areas of risk or exposure
- Manage relationships with all systems partners and 3rd party vendors, including negotiation and authorization of hardware, software and service acquisitions, support contracts and service level agreements
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentoring to the team, including career path planning and training, performance reviews, and orientations
- Act as Resource Manager for internal and external projects
- Other duties as assigned
Technology Qualifications and Experience
- University or College degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in Information Technology field
- Experience within large transactional enterprise wide environments supporting heavy volumes
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
Management Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years managing technology professionals
- Ability to work with international teams
- An ability to drive change and inspire innovation
Skills and Attributes
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strategic thinker, ability to influence others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with thorough follow up skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to offer common sense solutions to complex technical issues
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Team oriented