The Systems Administrator will manage a range of IT systems with a particular focus on Cloud and IasS Providers, VMWare, Proxmox, Linux, Security, Networking and Storage. As a Production System Administrator, you will be responsible for building and maintaining local and remote systems and networks, ensuring data integrity, securing the platform and ensuring a high level of availability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for latency, availability, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the production infrastructure
- Monitor, troubleshoot, administer and tune hosted applications, operating systems, network, and hardware in local and other remote locations as required.
- Plan and execute installations, upgrades & testing of system/network hardware, hosted applications and third party software and/or tools
- Analyze and resolve system problems and outages
- Ensure a 99.99% update of the production environment
- Perform system security administration and hardening
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and ensure help desk requests are recorded and tracked in detail
- Provide on-call 24×7 support for all hosted Systems/Networks in rotation with other staff
- Report and coordinate resolution of system/network problems with hosting team and clients.
- Diploma of Technology, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering a complex IT environment
- Advanced knowledge of VMware Server/ESX and Virtual Centre
- Advanced knowledge of Redhat, Centos and Ubuntu
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP Networks, Routing/Switching/VLAN, JunOS, OSPF and BGP
- Expert knowledge of DNS using BIND and Unbound
- Intermediate knowledge of Ansible and or Chef
- Intermediate programing knowledge using python, php, ruby, powershell and bash scripting.
- Intermediate knowledge of Prometheus, SNMP, NetFlow and Icinga
- Intermediate knowledge of OpenVPN or FreeIPA deployed using 2 Factor authentication
- Intermediate knowledge of Postgres and MongoDB
- Ability to communicate complex subjects to a variety of audiences ranging from management to technical staff
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- The ability to travel internationally on a short-term project basis